Friday, October 18, 2013

Abstract in Black and Orange

I gave my students black and orange construction paper. We cut out shapes and I showed them how to move the pieces around to make abstract art by creating my own picture. 


Then I turned them loose to create their own designs. Pretty good for not-quite five year olds, don't you think?










I love creating abstract designs.



Giraffe #286, in Black and Orange ~ clipped from an advertisement. I just can't resist a Giraffe, no matter where I find it.

8 comments:

  1. The new pareidolia - seeing giraffe in students' black and orange artwork!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "pareidolia" is a totally new word for me. I had to look it up. What a great word!

      Delete
  2. Anna, it's funny, whenever I visit your blog I'm always looking for lurking giraffe ;-)

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have giraffes around me at all times! :)

      Delete
  3. Okay I give... I tried to look it up on Dictionary.com (no such word) so I'm in the dark on that. I love to learn new words.
    pk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Wiki.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

      Delete
  4. I loved the orange & black shapes. Yes your children are doing an amazing job..I too snap pix of girraffees for you. I just snapped on on vacation. My g/f church had a girraffee with a Bible in it's mouth on
    the way to Sunday School. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girraffee with a Bible in its mouth sounds so cute. But I hope he doesn't get hungry before he gets to church!

      Delete