Thursday, July 11, 2013

Rainbow Day

Is there anyone who doesn't like a rainbow?

Source

Image by Herbert Smith


Rainbows can form in spray from waterfalls, as at Takakkaw Falls, Canada.

Image by Michael Rogers, 2004

Rainbow clouds created by small raindrops (iridescence) or by ice crystals (halo).

Source

I also love Rainbow themes.

Image by Skoot13

Image by Marcus Quigmire

A very bright, photo-shopped Rainbow flower.

Image by aussiegall

Simple colors, beautiful image.

Image by @Doug88888

I have been photographing some Rainbow-themed pictures of my own. The number of colors of a rainbow is variable, but I generally use Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple (Violet) in my Rainbow-themed photos.




Sometimes I'll use more colors.



And once in awhile I'll go a little crazy.


I think Giraffe #258 agrees that Sandra Boynton created the best cards.

2 comments:

  1. I love rainbows, too. Once I took a picture of a double rainbow over my home.

    Pink Kitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember driving my boys to school one morning and we saw a double rainbow. There was something so exciting about it, it was actually breathtaking. When we got to the school a bunch of parents and teachers were taking photos.

      Sam

      Delete