Saturday, May 18, 2013

Story Math

The second graders wrote and illustrated math problems. When I saw them displayed, I asked if I could post them on my blog. One of my students saw one and said, "Awesome!" I quite agree.




I love these little butterflies taking a ride on swans.



A generous student shares his toys. Well done!


Fractions can be a difficult concept. I'm impressed with the students who used them in their stories.





Giraffe #241 has some big spots and some little spots. What fraction are the little spots? Hmm, I think I'd best let the second graders figure it out.

2 comments:

  1. I see some really smart mathematicians there! With their priorities straight too. Pizza, butterflies and turtles - I love it!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Second graders know what's important!

      Delete