Monday, February 25, 2013

Color of the Week ~ Scarlet

Scarlet in nature is brilliant. Roses are just one of many examples.

Image by Muffet

Scarlet Monkeyflower - Image by davidhofmann08

Scarlet Sage - Image by dinesh_valke

Scarlet Bugler - Image by wanderingnome

Scarlet birds are equally vibrant. Just be careful of those Macaw beaks.

Image by happy via

Image by Amine Zerhouni

Scarlet Tanager - Image by iseethelight

Not a bird, but I can't miss an opportunity to include my sister's favorite: The dragonfly.

Scarlet Skimmer - Vicki's Nature

Cherries are so beautiful in their Scarlet coats.

Image by marshlight

Image by Danakochan

Image by sandstep

I love the contrast between Scarlet and White, so I grouped these pictures together.

Garden Phlox - Image by dinesh_valke

Isn't the Scarlet beak adorable?

Cardinal - Image by thelearnedfoot

Image by Muffet

Yummy!

Image by freakgirl

A Scarlet heading makes this article about Giraffe #205 really pop.

6 comments:

  1. I love cherries! Even more when they're on cupcakes.

    The dragonfly is beautiful.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cherries, too. And these cherries look so luscious. As do the cupcakes!

      Delete
  2. How pretty. I love scarlet with fuschia.
    Scarelet is pretty.

    Pink Kitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it beautiful to see a lot of scarlet in one place?

      Delete
  3. Scarlet is such a pretty color. Although I don't like cherries, so I'll have to pick them off the cupcakes and give them you and Sam. :)

    ~Ani Rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be wonderful. More cherries for us!

      Delete