Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Can You Believe I Found Even More Nature's Hearts?

And all of the Hearts today are leaves.

Image by mRio

Image by jeici 1

Image by Cuyahoga jco

Image by Tobyotter

Image by JustinLowery.com

This looks like a mother leaf with her two children.

Image by The Keenes (aka Meechie)

A Heart under the water.

Image by LaUrI's FaV's!!

Leaf Hearts at night.

Image by Cassandra Kinaviaq Rae

Image by Lel4nd

A few not-quite leaves: The first is a spathe, a large leaf-like bract that encloses a flower cluster or spadix, as in the jack-in-the-pulpit or calla lily. (If that definition didn't help you figure out what a spathe is, don't feel badly. It didn't help me, either.)

Image by giveawayboy

And this one the photographer named Petal of love.

Image by geopungo

Giraffe #206, are you and your friends eating any Heart leaves?

4 comments:

  1. Anna,
    You're amazing... my fave? the petal of love, it was pink!

    I agree nature loves us, so we have so many thing in heart shape.

    Hugs,
    Pink Kitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pink!

      I just love all the hearts one can find in nature.

      Delete
  2. I love hearts. :)I escpecially love the imperfect ones - the ones that are a little lopsided - because love is imperfect.

    ~Ani Rae

    ReplyDelete