Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Ad as Art

I love advertisements from the 1920s and 30s. Some could be hung like paintings ~ the gorgeous outfit, the beautiful car (even if it is called a Hupmobile).

Car Ad

Shirts had never been so interesting to me before I saw this ad. But I'm not looking at the shirt, I'm looking at that beautiful shawl.

Shirt Ad

Would you ever guess that this would be an ad for a watch? I guess even butterflies need to know what time it is.

Watch Ad

But is the moon really going to help you find chocolate when you need it?

French Chocolate Ad

Even though I don't drink coffee, this advertising poster is so exotic is doesn't matter.

Cafe Rajah Ad

I've always loved this little dog, but I never knew exactly how it originated. From Wikipedia: "In England, artist Francis Barraud (1856-1924) painted his brother's dog Nipper listening to the horn of an early phonograph during the winter of 1898. Victor Talking Machine Company began using the symbol in 1900, and Nipper joined the RCA family in 1929."

PD-US

This chocolate ad is adorable, but if I had it hanging on my wall I know I'd eat much more chocolate than I already do!

French Chocolate Ad

And this one would make me laugh. Not a bad thing at all.

French Dessert Ad

I love this ad just for the beauty of the peacock dress.

French Liquor Ad

If I had this poster hanging on my wall I'd be thinking about where I could be driven in this fabulous car.

Car Ad
This ad of Giraffe #185 that I cut out of a magazine would look wonderful on my wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment