Friday, January 11, 2013

Country of the Week ~ Philippines

Waterfalls! Lots of waterfalls in the Philippines, like this one in Tinago Falls in Iligan.

Image by volkanoboy

I love the rocks in this waterfall, Banga-an.


Image by caitriana

The rocks here are overpowering the waterfall.

Image by permanently scatterbrained

But the Aguinid Samboan waterfall on Cebu Island definitely overpowers the rocks.

Image by bortescristian

Mambukal Waterfalls in black and white creates a drama all its own.

Add caption lemuelinchrist

Some waterfalls are big.

Image by Paul van der Vegt

Some waterfalls are little.

Image by permanently scatterbrained

Some waterfalls fall straight down, like one in the Kalatungan Mountain Range, Southern Bukidnon.

Image by Kleomarlo

Some, like the Limunsudan Falls, zigzag.


Image by Floresa816

Mag-aso Falls, Bohol, are triplets, falling into a gorgeous green pool.

Image by Qaalvin

Some are spectacular at night. Isn't this amazing?

Image by durian

And Pundakit waterfall looks like a giraffe! At least to a giraffe lover like me.

Image by rexquisite

No doubt I will get wet when I visit all these waterfalls, so I'd better take Giraffe #183 (who comes from Mexico) to help me dry off.

4 comments:

  1. The Philippines is now on my must-visit list!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures!
    Banga-an would be nice to swim in, but the Limunsudan Falls is my favorite.

    isanythingopen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like them, isanything. :)

      Delete