Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Country of the Week ~ Spain

I was in Barcelona, Spain, for a few days before one Christmas.

La Rambla, Barcelona; Image by Rogernot

I wish I had seen these cute Marzipan confections.

Image by John Seb Barber

A colorful fountain makes things festive.

Image by Prem y Daura

I spent Christmas Day in Valencia, Spain.

Image by Rafa Ferrandis

A very interesting Christmasy couch.

Image by Rafa Ferrandis

I love this beautiful star tree.

Image by Alberto Ceballos

We went to the circus on Christmas Day and ate Paella. That Paella in Valencia, Spain, was one of the most memorable meals I've ever eaten. The main ingredients of Paella are white rice, meat, seafood and vegetables. Saffron gives the Paella it's yellow color.

Valencian Paella

A Paellera is the pan in which Paella is made.

Image by Marcela

This is where I ate Paella on Christmas Day. I've thought of that dinner so often since. Someday I'd like to go back and see if that place is still there and if they still make that wonderful Paella.


I wonder if Giraffe #172 helped put the star on the star tree in Valencia.

No comments:

Post a Comment