Friday, October 19, 2012

Seeing Radio

Every weekday I listen to the podcasts of a radio program. When I play them on my computer, Windows Media Player gives me the option of different visualizations. I've been using Alchemy. I love the colors and images it produces. 

I figured out how to pause the playback and use the Snipping Tool to capture designs I like. Here are some of my favorites so far.


I love the bright spot of red in the midst of this image.




The blue-green color is one of my favorites.


The symmetry in this design is wonderful.




This picture makes me think of the child's game, Pick Up Sticks. Or the quills of a porcupine.


The next two pictures show the progression of the visualization within a few seconds.





I have the feeling someone is staring at me with four giant green eyes.



Now it's a whole face staring at me, with a long, skinny nose and giant ears. 


Giraffe #137, what did you do with the keys? We might need to get out of here quickly. I'm getting a little nervous about the way I'm being stared at.


1 comment:

  1. I love the designs Windows Media Player shares. I had to laugh at your giraffe. :)

    -Ani Rae

    ReplyDelete