Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Scarecrows Need Love, Too

Imagine standing in a field all year, day and night. You look so scary that no one wants to be your friend. How lonely would you feel? Just ask The Lonely Scarecrow.


As the wheat grows and grows, so does the scarecrow's loneliness. None of the animals want to come near him. Is he destined to be alone forever?


I read this to my students and then they drew their own scarecrows. Does that look like a flying snake to you?


This scarecrow is reaching out his arms, seeking friends.


I love the bird in this picture. He doesn't look convinced that he can trust the scarecrow, but those carrots sure look tasty.


Someone likes purple.


This young artist knows the way to my heart.


A giant scarecrow. If she didn't look so happy I might be afraid of her.


If the hearts don't convince someone that this scarecrow is friendly, what will?


I think our scarecrow has found some friends. The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming. All is right with the world.


Our lonely scarecrow won't be lonely anymore. The animals are now his friends. I think it's the orange nose that finally convinced them to trust him.
 

I know Giraffe #140 will be friends with The Lonely Scarecrow.

1 comment:

  1. Such adorable pictures. Little kids always amaze me with their creativity.

    -Ani Rae

    ReplyDelete