Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Nothing Says Sunny Like a Sunflower

Or even better, a field full of Sunflowers.

Source

How about a Sunflower up close and personal? What an artist nature is.

Image by 3268zauber

Miss Cindy, one of my coworkers, made Sunflowers the theme in her third-grade class.


She brought Sunflowers show the students.



Her students set to work painting their interpretations of a Sunflower.




What great artists Miss Cindy has.


Another teacher brought in a dried Sunflower head for the students to see. I was fascinated, too.


Vincent van Gogh tried his hand at Sunflowers. In fact he did two series of Sunflowers. This is the third version with a blue-green background.


And this is the fourth version with a yellow background.


But my favorite is the first version with a turquoise background. Not sunny, but so beautiful.


I think Giraffe #129 is trying to look like a Sunflower. (I have giraffes that look like camels, so why not one that looks like a starfish?)

1 comment:

  1. No disrespect to the giraffe, but he's got crazy eyes. Makes me wonder just what he's thinking...

    -Ani Rae

    ReplyDelete