Sunday, October 14, 2012

Making Miss Karenina Smile

It's not hard. Seeing the smiling faces of my students, laughing with them at something funny, watching them puzzle out a math problem, reading a book together.

When a student creates something for me, it makes me smile inside and out. At the end of one day a little girl thrust something into my hand and said, "I made this for you." I wore it proudly the next day.


I get pictures that I put up on the board. This one made me laugh. Do you suppose the hen laid a flower-egg?



Students love to draw pictures of me. And I love to seeing my different incarnations. They know fuchsia and aqua are favorite colors. Perhaps one day I'll wear one shoe of each color ~ with turned-up toes, of course.


I adore getting picture stories from my students. Can you tell they know I love giraffes?




Recently another student gave me a present that I can wear. The color looks more like the picture with the black background.
 


While working on an art project, I noticed a boy who was more interested in arranging his colored pencils than using them.


A few days later a girl came up with another way to arrange the colored pencils. I have a class of design artists!


Giraffe #134 thinks my students are as outstanding as I do.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I used to get that exact certificate when I was in elementary school! Oh nostalgic moments...

    -Ani Rae

    ReplyDelete