Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Country of the Week ~ Peru

Have you ever wanted to go on an archeological dig? Do you find artifacts fascinating? If you answered yes to those questions, like I did, then Peru is a country you'll want to check out. And you'll be welcomed by this fine old gentleman at the archeological site Chavín de Huantar, 250 km north of Lima.

Image by Dtarazona

Of course you'll want to shake hands. Either hand will do at Sechín Archaeological site.

Image by AgainErick

I wonder who wore such an intriguing gold crown, found in Kuntur Wasi?

Image by Stephan Wassipaul

The design of this adobe motif at the Chan Chan complex, near Trujillo, Peru, is so interesting. It looks a bit like fish swimming to me.

Image by Kevstan

These really are fish, from the same archeological complex.

Image by Bruno Girin

More carving details from Chan Chan. I'm thinking squirrels. How about you?

Image by Bruno Girin

And look at how complex this design is. It looks like a jigsaw puzzle.

Image by MacAllen Brothers

This bas-relief at El Brujo makes me think of gears. It's really showing sea life, but maybe the fish were busily inventing machines for working underwater.
 
Image by Veronique Debord

This ceremonial vessel was found at Huaca Pucllana, a pre-Inca ruin in the Miraflores district of Lima. I love the colors and the design.

Image by Barranquino1979

I'm not sure where Giraffe #136 was found, but it is a fascinating archeological design, isn't it?


I had fun playing with a photo-editing program to create that design from this piece of wrapping paper. 

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing old designs and concepts. It's so interesting to see how people have changed their style over the years. Personally I think we should have more intricately sculpted buildings around.

    -Ani Rae

    ReplyDelete