Monday, September 3, 2012

Color Of the Week - Periwinkle

Periwinkle is in the blue family. It is also called lavender blue. I think the color resembles blue with a hint of purple mixed in.

The color name, Periwinkle, comes from the lesser Periwinkle or myrtle herb Vinca Minor. This plant is native to a large portion of central and southern Europe.

Image by Kaldari

Source


Perhaps you'd like to knit or crochet a sweater in Periwinkle. A Peace Fleece yarn would be just the thing to keep you toasty warm.

Mir Atlantis Periwinkle

And let's not forget that our little four-legged friends like to be fashionably warm, too.


I think I'll wear this pretty lace-up Periwinkle Bodice.

Periwinkle Princess-Style Bodice

And won't it look gorgeous with these Periwinkle cowboy boots?

Vintage Tony Lama Cowboy Boots

Now I need a necklace.

Periwinkle Petals Necklace

After all that shopping I think I'll have a spot of tea.

Vintage Hall Teapot

I'll drink my tea from Giraffe #111, who's standing under an almost-Periwinkle sky.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful color. :)

    -Ani Rae

    ReplyDelete