Monday, August 20, 2012

Color Of the Week - Cerulean

Cerulean is a color that includes deep blue, sky blue, bright blue and bluish greens. Just look what nature has created in Cerulean ~ The Small Blue Kingfisher.

Image by Lip Kee Yap

And the Cerulean Warbler.

Source: USDA Forest Service

On ArtInstructionBlog.com, Cerulean is used to paint the sky.

How to Paint a Tree by Christine Kane

Here, Cerulean is used in the background on ThePaintedPrism.Blogspot.com.

Apples On a Window Sill by Pat Howard

Two paintings by Meenakc on About.com are inspiring me to get my watercolors out and see what I can create with Cerulean.

Spring Blossom

Crossing in Rain

Maybe someday I can even learn how to do digital art, like William "Spektyr" Laskarski.

Cerulean Artifact

Mandala Cerulean

Wrapping paper depicts Giraffe #104, floating under a Cerulean sky.

4 comments:

  1. Such pretty birds. Too bad I don't like birds in person.

    -Ani Rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I'm glad you can enjoy the birds on the blog. :)

      Delete
  2. How pretty... I love spring blossoms. One of my sisters sent me a photo similar to that one.

    Not only is this a fun place to visit, but I learn
    things too.

    Thank you,
    Pink Kitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pink Kitty. I'm so glad you enjoy the blog.

      Delete