Thursday, July 26, 2012

Theme-It Thursday

Jessica Hische
F is for Fabric. I started sewing when I was about ten, making clothes for my doll. When I was a teenager I started sewing my own clothes. I loved being able to pick out my own fabrics instead of having to settle for the clothes I found in stores.

Several years ago I learned to quilt. The first time I walked into a quilting fabric store I was overwhelmed seeing floor-to-ceiling shelves of the most gorgeous fabrics I had ever seen. Trying to make choices took hours. But it was a wonderful way to spend those hours.

Prairie Queens Quilt Shop

Photo by Tinou Bao

This piece of fabric was on sale. I bought it because it reminds me of autumn.


I used this fabric for the back of a quilt.


F is for Fox. The Fox is one of my favorite animals. There is something about the reddish-brown color and dog-like appearance that I find beautiful. I have this picture on my desktop.

Japanese Fox

I may have to change to this one, soon.

Red Fox

ZooBorns.com has the cutest pictures of newborn foxes, like this arctic fox pup.

Photo Credits: A.J. Haverkamp

I wonder if this swift fox cub is trying to hide.


F is for Foxglove. I've heard of this flower, but I don't think I've ever seen it before. I love the bell shape. One can almost imagine them playing music as they sway in the breeze.


What a beautiful speckled pattern they have.


The inside is interesting, too.

Photo by H. Zell

Foxgloves can be purple, pink, white and yellow.
 
White Foxgloves

Foxglove 'Giant Shirley' Mixed

Giraffe #89 is ready for whatever I decide to make.

2 comments:

  1. I love foxes. They are so adorable and cuddly looking. :)

    -Ani Rae

    ReplyDelete