Thursday, July 19, 2012

Theme-It Thursday

Jessica Hische
is for Red Panda. I don't think I've ever seen a Red Panda in a zoo.

Giant Pandas and Red Pandas are different species. Some scientists classify them as close cousins and others distinctly separate.

There is some debate about where the word Panda comes from, but it apparently means "bamboo eater." Both the Giant Panda and the Red Panda are bamboo eaters.

Red Panda Babies

Red Panda Eating

Brunswyk

R is for Rattle. Baby Rattle, that is. I love them. They are so colorful and so much fun to play with. Who could resist this cute little monkey?

Fisher Price Monkey Teether Rattle

I'll bet Einstein would have loved this caterpillar.

Baby Einstein Caterpillar Rattle

When my mother's health and cognitive abilities deteriorated, she liked things to bite on. I got her two Rattles. The first one used to make sounds when the green button was pushed. Sadly I dropped it and now it no longer works.


This Rattle not only rattles, it also laughs.


I gave this Rattle to a friend at her baby shower. Nobody was surprised I bought it, just that I was willing to let go of it.

Bright Starts Sensory Giraffe

R is for Rocking Chair. There is something about a rocking chair that is very soothing. The rocking motion is very comforting in the nursery.

Baby Rocker

This is a clever idea. Rock baby to sleep in two different ways.

Baby Rocker and Cradle

I love Rockers on the front porch, too. Especially with such a beautiful porch and view.

Rocking Chairs on Porch

One day I was walking a few blocks from where I live and saw some items in a driveway with a sign saying "Free." One item was a beautiful white Rocking Chair with a blue seat cushion. I quickly walked home and drove back to pick up that wonderful Rocking Chair. 

Giraffe #84 seems to be enjoying it just as much as I do.


2 comments:

  1. *Gasp* You gave up a giraffe? Anna, I'm impressed. ;)

    -Ani Rae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tell anyone, but I played with it a little bit first!

      Delete