Monday, July 23, 2012

Color Of the Week - Dark Lavender

Lavender is a pale tint of violet. The term Lavender can be applied to a range of colors such as pale violet, light pinkish, magenta, or purple colors and some pale or light blueish-indigo colors.

I like the richness of a Dark Lavender. As soon as I saw this bracelet I knew I was going to try making one like it. Now if I can just find where I stored my embroidery threads.

Dark Lavender Cotton Braid Bracelet

I like the Dark Lavender in these beautiful Hydrangeas. I always forget the name of these flowers, even though I like them. I had to google "round flowers" to find them.

Hydrangea

When the summer heat overcomes me as I wile away a lazy afternoon in a garden filled with beautiful Dark Lavender hydrangeas, I will fan myself to cool off.

Source

This blouse will keep me nice and cool.

Sleeveless Chiffon Blouse

I wonder what I'd look like with Dark Lavender hair.

Dark Lavender Wig

Giraffe #86, a gift from a former student, will make sure my ears are stylish.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, lavender. Looks and smells nice. :D

    -Ani Rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to find a site about my interest. My first visit to your site is been a big help. Thank you for the efforts you been putting on making your site such an interesting and informative place to browse through

    ReplyDelete