Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Have Some Absinthe, My Dear?

I became aware of Absinthe, an alcoholic spirit, from reading romance novels set in the 19th century. It was supposedly a dangerous, addictive drug and was banned in the United States and much of Europe by 1915.

Absinthe has a natural greenish color, though it can be colorless.

Absinthe and absinthe spoon

An absinthe spoon was used to dissolve a sugar cube in the absinthe to remove the mild bitterness.


Eric Litton


I came across a very cool site selling Lucid Absinthe. When someone looks at the stats for their site, they are going to see a sudden uptick in visitors. I opened the site at least a dozen times just to see the cat move his eyes and listen to the music.

Lucid Absinthe

What I really love about absinthe are the vintage posters.





I knew that cat had gotten into the absinthe.


I wonder why this picture frame is green? Do you suppose Giraffe #64 wants to try some absinthe, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment