Monday, June 18, 2012

Color Of the Week - Tiffany Blue

I'm always amazed at how many different shades of a color there are. For instance blue. A couple of sources list 57 known shades of blue. I'm familiar with many of them, but a student introduced me to a new one, Tiffany Blue. It's his mother's favorite color.


Now I've seen this color before, but I didn't know the name of it. I also didn't know that the color, Tiffany Blue, is trademarked by Tiffany & Co. in the U.S. and some other jurisdictions. Tiffany Blue is a private custom color produced by Pantone. Whatever its name, it's a beautiful color.

For a wedding:

Bridesmaids' Dresses

A present:

 
Nail polish:


A bedroom:

Source

A kitchen:

 
A fabulous old door:


Even macaroons:


OK, maybe not macaroons. 

Giraffe #67 thinks his graduation cap and gown are Tiffany Blue. Even if they aren't, they still look good on this smart giraffe.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful color and I never even knew it had it's own name. See you are still teaching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned so many things by doing this blog!

      Delete
  2. I think I found another favourite colour!

    Thanks Anna for another wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete