Thursday, May 31, 2012

Theme-It Thursday

Jessica Hische
is for Night. 

I love the night sky. Unfortunately I live in a highly-populated area, so there are too many city lights to be able to really see the night sky properly. But the times I have been in the country where it is really dark at night I have been awed by the brilliance of the moon and stars.

This shot of the Pleiades Star Cluster was made using special "narrow-band" filters.

Ed Lunt

And this wallpaper is now my desktop background. I love crescent moons and now I can see it every time I open my computer.

Source

This beautiful photo makes me long for a little cabin where I could sit on the porch and look out at the quiet night and listen to nothing more than the gently lapping water.


And because I love silhouetted trees:


N is for Nail Art. When I started looking at nail art, I found some cute ideas.


Source


I didn't know just how complicated some nail art was. I do love the little watch hanging from the pinkie finger.

Source
 
And for those who don't have time to do their own nails, you can buy already fancied-up nails. They're called nail chips. You simply glue them to your fingernails and you're good to go. It looks like there's also a little weapon on one of the nails.

Source

N is for Nasturtiums. They are quite the versatile flower. Lovely to look at

Nasturtiums

and delicious to eat. In soup:

Carrot and Nasturtium Soup

Or salad. 

Nasturtium Salad

And I think Giraffe #60 is serving Nasturtium tea.

4 comments:

  1. Every time I think you can't do anything more adorable, I log in here and you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Eddie. That's sweet. :)

      Delete
  2. No matter what kind of day I'm having, I come here and my batteries get recharged. Another great blog! Love that picture of the moon coming up over the water! Where do you find these pictures? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carla. That warms my heart.

      I don't remember where I got the moon on the water photo. I've found a lot on Flickr that people are willing to share. There are some really amazing photographers around.

      Delete