Thursday, May 24, 2012

Theme-It Thursday

Jessica Hische
is for Yo-Yo. I'm sure you've played with a yo-yo before. Most kids do. My brother could do a few tricks, like around the world and rock the baby. I was lucky if I could get my yo-yo to come back up properly. But some people go beyond the basics and really make the yo-yo dance. Click on the link to watch this yo-yo champion in action.


YouTube

Not bad enough I could never do that. What about trying to do it in sync with someone else? Or with two yo-yos at once?

YouTube

Y is for Yeast. There's nothing quite as good as the smell of something made with yeast baking. My mother was a great baker. She grew up on a farm and her mother baked bread once a week. They kneaded their breads by hand and I did when I was young, Now I use the dough hook on my mixture and it's so much easier.

Here is a recipe I plan to try. You make the dough at night and leave it in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning you roll it out, cut into strips, and twist two together to make the shape. Don't they look yummy?

Cherry Danish

Y is for Yellow. When I was young, yellow was my favorite color. I still like it, but it's not a color I wear very often. I wouldn't mind wearing this, though. I got this from Yellow Blog. I didn't even know there was such a site. But I did get some nice pictures for my post.

Yellow Blog

Like this beautiful seahorse. My mother would have loved it.

Yellow Blog

And this beautiful sunset. Or maybe it's a sunrise. I'm not sure how to tell.

Yellow Blog

Giraffe #58 thinks yellow is a great color, too.

2 comments:

  1. Anna, whenever I feel down I come and read your blog and it always makes me feel better! Your blogs are great! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carla. I'm so happy that I can make you feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete