Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Google Doodles, Too

In April I did a post on doodling. I thought it would be interesting to Google doodling, to see what other people did. Much to my surprise, I found that Google doodles just like everyone else.

The first Google doodle was created in 1998 to show the founders' attendance at the Burning Man Festival in Nevada. 


The latest of the over 1000 Google doodles that have been created since then was this year's Mothers' Day doodle.


You can find all of the Google doodles here, categorized by date and country. Here are some of my favorites.

Edward Lear's 200th Birthday

Valentine's Day 2012

125th Anniversary of the Largest Snowflake

Chinese New Year 2012

Charles Addams' 100th Birthday

Some doodles were for people I was unfamiliar with, so what did I do? Google, naturally. This one is in honor of Akira Yoshizawa, who is considered to be the grandmaster of origami.


And two that are dear to my heart. 

Children's Day 2012

Teachers' Day 2012

If Google ever wants to do a giraffe doodle, I'm sure Giraffes #54 will be glad to lend a hand. Or should I say neck?

No comments:

Post a Comment