Sunday, May 13, 2012

From One Giraffe, Many Giraffes

Open House was coming. We had many writing assignments to share, so the children began decorating folders to hold their papers. As I walked around enjoying the students' art I noticed one boy was drawing a giraffe. I remarked on how cute it was. He said, "I looked at the one on the board and copied it." Of course I had to take a picture.


Naturally other students decided that giraffes would look good on their covers. And they were right!





This giraffe is quite a reader. His stack of books is taller than he is.


And this student loves sharks. Can you tell?


The second graders in Miss Lori's room read about giraffes, wrote sentences, put them in order, and then wrote paragraphs. What great work they did.




More information about giraffes from Giraffe #53, one of my giraffe books.

No comments:

Post a Comment