Thursday, April 19, 2012

Theme-It Thursday

Jessica Hische
H is for Heliotrope. I've read about heliotrope as a half-mourning color in Victorian novels. It represents the color of the Heliotrope flower. 







What a beautiful flower it is.

Heliotrope

H is for Houndstooth, a textile pattern characterized by broken checks. I have always seen houndstooth in black and white. My sister once covered a dresser and two bedside tables with contact paper in this type of pattern.

Houndstooth

Here is a jacket in heliotrope houndstooth. Too bad this is for a toddler.

Houndstooth Coats

H is for Hummingbird. My mother used to have a hummingbird feeder similar to this one. The most attractive color to hummingbirds is red. Even a little red on the feeder will attract them.


And here we see some lovely hummingbirds. Would you say they are heliotrope colored?



 Giraffe #43 wants to be heliotrope, too!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My nephew gave it to me for Christmas, so it's extra special to me. :)

      Delete
  2. #43 looks alot like my kitten Anna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look so innocent, but the trouble they get into!!!!

      Delete