Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Hats Have It

I love fashions from the 1920s, 30s and 40s. The clothes have such elegance and grace. When I watch old movies I wish that those styles would come back in fashion. And the hats. Oh, the hats. How I wish I could wear one like this.


Or this one. I made a necklace from polymer clay with this design on it. I gave it to my sister, but I'm planning on making another one for me. This is called a cloche hat, notable in the 20s. It is also called a flapper hat.


Isn't this one beautiful?


And these are so jazzy.



One of my favorite actresses of the period, Louise Brooks.


I used to wear my hair in a similar style because I thought it was so chic.


I also love the wide-brimmed hats of the 30s and 40s.

Etsy



Good try, Giraffe #45. Not exactly a hat, but who'd want to cover up that adorable head, anyway?

1 comment:

  1. I am a big fan of cloche hats as well. They are great for running errands and shopping.

    ReplyDelete