Thursday, February 16, 2012

Theme-It Thursday

What better place to start a theme than with the alphabet. And what better place to start the alphabet than with. . .


W? Seriously? You want to start the alphabet theme with W? Well, yes I do. Because I'm quirky that way.


W is for Watercolor, my favorite painting medium. Watercolor is beautiful for its cleanness, its transparency, its lightness. Like this peacock, whose feathers gradually flow together. I wish I knew who the artist was. So lovely.


©Rebecca Latham
W is for Wolf. The beauty of a wild creature like the wolf is captured by watercolor-artist Rebecca Latham. How mesmerizing are those eyes?




W is for Waldorf Salad. The first time I ever tried this I knew it would be one of my favorites. Apples, celery, walnuts, raisins, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. How easy is that? I like to use Granny Smith apples. I add a little nonfat, plain yogurt to cut the heaviness of the mayo, toast the walnuts to intensify the flavor, add a few dried cranberries for a festive touch and you have a salad that is refreshing and delicious.

W is for A Worthy Wife by Barbara Metzger. This is one of my used bookstore finds. I love the old Signet and Zebra lines of Regency romances. And Metzger is one of the best for humorous, warm-hearted love stories. Our hero, the Earl of Windham, has no idea what will ensue when he marries Aurora McPhee to save her from social disgrace. Let me just say a monkey is in his future!

Hmm? What letter shall I pick for next Thursday?

2 comments:

  1. I like W because it is all the important questions in life: who, what, where, when, and (most of all) why.

    ReplyDelete