Friday, February 3, 2012

Love In Any Language


STOP! In the name of love! 
When I traveled in Europe I always learned how to say Good day, Hello, Goodbye, Please, Thank you; how to count to ten; and how to say "I love you" in the language of the country I was in. Speaking a few words in their language made people smile. Being able to say "I love you" in a different language is just fun.


In German I love you is "Ich liebe dich." In Swedish it's "Jag älskar dig (love those little dots!) In American Sign Language it's easy to convey a special message to a special someone.


In Italian it's "Ti amo." I love Italy. People were so delighted when I counted in Italian. My very favorite city is Venice.


Seeing the bridges, gondolas and vaporettos in real life was so exciting. I loved that we could walk everywhere and never have to look to see if cars were coming. (Try crossing a street in Rome!)


The very best language for love is French. Je t'aime. Gomez Addams, of the Addams Family, epitomizes this by kissing his way up Morticia's arm (10:45) whenever she spoke in French. So romantic!

But when you come right down to it, nothing says love quite like friendship.

2 comments:

  1. Hey sorry it took me so long. this was very sweet. love the elephant pic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun to talk to you here. :)

      You know how much I love pictures, and this is the perfect place for me to put them.

      Delete