Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I ♥ Turtles

The kind you can eat!

The other day I was working in my classroom before school when I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to find my coworker standing there with a little plastic bag of turtles*. Homemade turtles. 


Now the turtle candies you buy are made with pecans, caramel and chocolate. The homemade ones are made with: 

Mini Pretzels

 Rolos


Pecans Halves
(I used the broken ones 
because they're cheaper.)

Lay the mini pretzels on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or a non-stick baking sheet, like a Silpat. I love my Silpat!


Top the pretzels with a Rolo. Bake at 300° for 4 minutes. When you take them out of the oven the Rolos will still have their shape. Top with a half pecan or several pecan pieces and press them down.


Cool and plate them on a pretty Valentine doily. (Presentation, people, presentation!)


Or you could just eat them right off the baking sheet, when they're still warm and melty, like I do. So good!



*No turtles were harmed during the making of these candies.

5 comments:

  1. They look yummy. Have I mentioned that I love your blob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blob?!! Lol! After eating these candies I think I'm going to turn into a blob.

      Just teasing you. I miss you at the OK corral. Hope you're back soon.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I am sooooo embarrassed. I shall fix it directly!

    And yes, I did miss you all too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dad gumit. can't edit.
      Attention all future readers. I am the only blob around!

      Delete
    2. I think it's cute. I love funny typos. I make enough of them. And blog just fit perfectly with the recipe for candy. I sure ate enough of those turtles1

      Delete