Sunday, February 26, 2012

Art Deco

I love the Art Deco period. The term "Art Deco" was first used in 1926 after an exhibition celebrating the 1925 Exposition Internationale des Arts Décoratifes et Industriels Modernes (International Exhibition of Modern Decorative and Industrial Arts).

The Eiffel Tower in 1925 with advertising 
light designed by André Citroën, 
spreading high its name in giant letters.

Art deco represents elegance, glamour, and modernity. I think of it as clean lines and style. Don't you just feel glamorous looking at this ad for champagne? I hope she can see where she's going.


I can pretend I'm this elegant lady hurrying toward my sleek Fiat in that gorgeous blue dress, hat, gloves, heels and stockings. A Fantasy in Blue!

Marcello Dudovich


I don't even drink coffee, but this ad certainly makes me want to. The coffee container looks like it moves all by itself. That certainly would be helpful.


A little perfume? The bright colors are so bold. Très exotique!


Giraffe #7. Too cool to even open his eyes. Perhaps he should be in one of the ads.

2 comments:

  1. Anna:

    I always learn something in your posts. Please never stop!

    (Ps...love Giraffe #7...reminds me of my cat Morgan)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carla. That makes me really happy.

      (I see what you mean about Giraffe #7. That air of being too good for us, but they will condescend to acknowledge us . . . maybe!)

      Delete