Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Picture Me This

I love reading people's blogs, even people I don't know. But if I click on a blog and I don't see pictures I'm unlikely to stay.

When I first got my laptop I went crazy downloading pictures in all different categories. There is so much beauty in the world that I'll never have the opportunity to see first hand. There are so many interesting animals, places, designs, projects~too many for one person to do more than just look at. 

But at least I can look at all the things that I find fascinating, charming, quirky, odd and lovely.

                       Jean-HonorĂ© Fragonard

The first time I saw this picture was in a friend's house. It was a reproduction, of course. But I instantly fell in love. Now, although I don't have this hanging on my wall, I can look at it anytime I want on my computer. I can even make it my desktop background. Isn't  it charming?

I also love colors. How's this for something simple becoming art?
                     http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3AColouring_pencils.jpg
This is the work of Michael Maggs. I love the imagination he had to take simple, everyday objects like colored pencils and turn them into a work of art. It makes my brain start whirring. What common items could I turn into art?


No comments:

Post a Comment